Friday, December 29, 2017

Star Wars Episode VIII - The Last Jedi

Sometimes it takes me a while to warm up to a movie, if at all, but not in this instance. I’ve been following the Star Wars story since its inception and I can truly say that this was one of the best in the series. No Ewoks, Jar-Jar Binks, Clones…just a girl named Rey, a boy named Finn, another girl named Rose, a pair of cosmically Force-driven twins, and another boy with a gi-frickin’normous chip on his shoulders out to take over the galaxy. Oh boo-hoo, my daddy and mommy didn’t save me from evil in time so I’ll just pick-up my marbles and pledge my loyalty to some freaky power mad bald dude who does nothing all day except sit in a huge, very uncomfortable looking chair and plays mind tricks with people who could possibly turn on him like a rabid dog. Be careful what you wish for. Anyhow, we’re back at the end of The Force Awakens and finally, after waiting decades, the answer to what, where, why, and who is finally revealed. The Force lives in all of us, it’s just a matter of how we use and promote it. I don’t like it when somebody gives me spoilers, so I won’t divulge anything except to say, if you’re worried about hearing dialogue, watch the unenhanced version of the film, i.e., no 3D/4D/IMAX with super surround sens-o-vision , I’ve been told it’s too distracting and loud. I was as happy as a clam at my first viewing (oh yes, I will be watching it again) and felt the same thrill the second Star Wars Episode VIII started rolling on the screen, as I did in 1977 with a New Hope. God-speed Carrie Fisher. You ruled in that galaxy long ago and far away. Rating: You need to ask? 4 stars, of course.

Gary the Dog ... Space Gary (uncredited)

No comments:

Post a Comment