Saturday, June 1, 2013

Ironman 3



This franchise just keeps getting more and more inventive and fun.  I didn’t grow up reading the “boy” comic books, but I’m sure if I had, I would have loved this series.  Stan Lee’s Tony Stark is at once infuriating, arrogant, brilliant, sarcastic, and completely wonderful as a weapons monger turned hero/avenger.  We see a really human side of the character and Robert Downey Jr. and Gwyneth Paltrow bring their relationship to a new level as Tony and Pepper forge into a new venture involving old wrongs, new technologies, and burnt bridges.  Some things/people to note, Shane Black has taken up the gauntlet from Jon Favreau and has done a crack-up job of directing, Guy Pearce, Sir Ben Kingsley, Don Cheadle and Rebecca Hall round out the cast quite nicely.  The whole film made me feel like I was watching a comic book and I liked it.  To paraphrase the Governator—Tony Stark will be back and I’m ready.   Rating:  3.2 stars and a really brilliant way to use a remote control.

1 comment:

  1. Life would be a dream if I could make to the movies more often...finally got to see this first of the summer blockbusters last night. There will be more reviews as the year progresses. Looking forward to good weather and a bit of outdoor cinema, too.

    ReplyDelete