Monday, April 25, 2011

How Much Is That Elephant In The Window?

Water For Elephants
I read the book and was totally excited when I heard it was being transformed for film. The characters and story are a broad sketch of the book. The actors, most notably Messrs. Pattinson, Waltz, and Ms. Witherspoon receive my vote of confidence for pulling off a great star attraction. There may be a sucker born every minute, but I totally loved my evening at the circus. The attention to detail is amazing...kudo's to Jack Fisk. If this doesn't win Oscars for costume, set design, cinematography next year, I'd be doubly amazed. Rosie (Tai) is the world's smartest elephant and deserves an award for her performance. This isn't a real live version of "Dumbo" so it's not for the kids. If you love animals and have issues with animal cruelty, then this isn't the film for you, but realize, of course, it's acting. It's based on a real event, by the way. Rating: 4 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment